Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jadefang Slain.

Eight and a half hours.

That is how long I camped Jadefang's spawn-point yesterday. I decided on a whim that I had to have the shale spider hatchling and looked up strats to get it. Comments suggested that a lot of people get lucky and he is just sitting there on their first attempt so I went for it.

He wasn't there.

I thought maybe he would spawn in just a few minutes.

The next thing I knew 3-4 hours had passed and I was now wondering if I would be willing or able to camp in that cave for a twelve-hour spawn cycle. I wasn't sure what the cycle actually was. I also had no idea how long he had been dead before I arrived.

So, after almost 200 kills of the small purple shale spiders during my eight and a half hour wait, rubbing my dry-tired eyes, suddenly there he was, spawning in.

I didn't waste a second.

I don't know if I could ever do something like that again and I have a potential post complaining about this rare spawn mechanic.

But I did it.

Good luck to any future Jadefang hunters!

No comments: